Re: [O] [Taskjuggler] Status of exporter

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [Taskjuggler] Status of exporter
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 15:38:54 +0100

Christian Egli <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric
>
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I must be doing something really silly (not unheard of ;-) but I just
>> cannot get the new tj3 exporter to work.
>
> No, you found a bug in the exporter :-(.
>
>> Any pointers would be most welcome.
>
> The problem is that I added a new feature which inserts the TITLE of the
> document in the report. As it happens if you don't define a title it is
> empty and the default report becomes invalid. So you could either
>
> - define a document title (#+TITLE: Foo)
> - define an export title (property 'EXPORT_TITLE')
> - or git pull. I just pushed a fix that should use the headline of the
>   project if the document title is empty.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> Christian

Thanks!  No worries.  This is all work in progress, of course.  I've
updated my org and the example works just fine.

I now have other problems, as I have started defining an actual project
as opposed to the examples I have found on the list and on Worg.  I get
errors, having allocated efforts to all my tasks, that tasks do
not fit into the project time frame.  How is this time frame defined?
Do I need to specify something else in the org file?  The project I am
defining is several years long with tasks typically a number of months
long each.  Is there some default?

I have tried allocating resources as well but get the same problem
regardless.

Example output (wrapped):

,----
| if: TaskJuggler failed with errors: Warning in scenario plan: Task
| workplan.framework.implementation.final does not fit into project time
| frame Warning: Task workplan.framework.implementation.final:
| 2014-02-06-17:00-+0000 -> <?> Error in scenario plan: Some tasks did not
| fit into the project time frame.
`----

Maybe I need to relearn taskjuggler...  If that's the case, please don't
hesitate to tell me.  Taskjuggler specifics are OT.

Thanks again,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_8.0.2-67-gc36435