Re: [O] [Taskjuggler] Status of exporter

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [O] [Taskjuggler] Status of exporter
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 22:40:10 +0200

Christian Egli <address@hidden> writes:

> In theory (according to the doc string of
> `org-taskjuggler--build-project') you should also be able to set an
> "end" property on the project, but this hasn't been implemented yet.

I remember now what the problem with this was. The exporter uses the top
task both as the task and the container for the project[1]. So an start
and an end on this task applies to both the project and the task (which
is not always what you want). You might want to assign a start to the
top task but probably not an end. The end is supposed to be calculated
based on efforts and resource availability. But unless you specify a
default duration you will have to specify and end date for the
_project_.

Maybe we need some fake (in the sense that they are not tj3 attributes)
attributes to specify start and end of a project.

Thanks
Christian

Footnotes:
[1]  Unless you set `org-taskjuggler-keep-project-as-task' to nil

--
Christian Egli