[O] getting file properties

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] getting file properties
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 17:42:30 -0400

Hi everyone,

if I have an org-file with this in it:

#+EMAIL: address@hidden

is there an org lisp command to get the email address after I have opened the file? I am looping through many files to generate a report, and would like to do this in emacs-lisp. I had hoped org-entry-get would do it, but it does not (it will retrieve it from #+PROPERTY: EMAIL address@hidden).

Is it possible to define other keywords similar to that? E.g.

#+ANDREWID: jkitchin

and then to be able to read them from a lisp command (without writing the parsing code myself)? something like (org-entry-get-keyword "ANDREWID").

I could not find anything like this in the property API (http://orgmode.org/manual/Using-the-property-API.html) which is where i thought it would be.

Thanks!

John

John Kitchin