Re: [O] OT: Annotating PDF & Org

From: Vincent Beffara
Subject: Re: [O] OT: Annotating PDF & Org
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 15:53:05 +0200

> Given the emacs and Org oriented nature of this group, I'd like to
> know if anyone has found a good Orgish (ie: portable, text, etc) to
> annotate PDFs?
>
> Features would be items like highlighting blocks, adding notes
> (margins or "sticky" notes), and saving to either a sidecar file in a
> text format (ala Org) or directly appending the PDF.

Not portable probably, but Skim (a very nice PDF viewer for Mac OS X)
supports notes in an xml file next to the PDF, and something like this
would make sense in a more general setting. Maybe using the same spec to
be compatible?

(Skim can then reexport everything as a single PDF file if needed, but a
nice use-case for what you suggest would be something like personal
org-mode reading notes on an article for which keeping them separate
would make more sense.)

      /v

--
Vincent Beffara