Re: [O] Problem with Google Calendar Synchronization

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with Google Calendar Synchronization
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 17:45:43 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Guido Van Hoecke <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you guys for your help.
>>
>> Got gawk from macports.
>
> Glad you got it.  I did make use of whatever GNU awk provided and did
> not try to keep to vanilla awk.  Sorry about that!

No prob at all!

>> Hitting data error now:
>>
>> gawk: ./importGoogleCalendar.awk:143: (FILENAME=- FNR=34026) fatal:
>> strftime: second argument less than 0 or too big for time_t
>>
>> I am investigating this now and will report my findings

> Keep us posted.  I've not seen this error before but I am not confident
> that the parsing of date and time stamps in the awk script is
> comprehensive.  If you don't track it down, I would be happy to look at
> your calendar file.

There's no error in the script :)

My ics file had a.o. my elder sister's birthday, and unfortunately her's
as well as mine is (way) before the start of the epoch, so mktime
returns a negative timestamp at line 63 and strftime at line 143 doesn't
grok it.

Anyway, I don't need these records as I have them in a separate
anniversaries.org file that uses diary-style sexp entries for the
birthdays.

So Eric, rest assured, the script works fine for events occurring since
the start of the epoch. It was quite a help to me.

Thanks for your effort and for sharing it,

Guido

--
APL is a write-only language.  I can write programs
in APL, but I can't read any of them.