Re: [O] new (iCalendar) exporter problem

From: Simon Thum
Subject: Re: [O] new (iCalendar) exporter problem
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 16:33:44 +0200

On 05/07/2013 12:22 PM, Bastien wrote:
Hi Simon,

Simon Thum <address@hidden> writes:

You mean inherited tags (coming from filetags in this case) do not
contribute to exclude tag filtering?

More precisely, filetag-inherited tags do not contribute to excluding
subtrees during export.

If yes, why? I seems inconsistent.

Inherited-exclude-tags contribute to excluding subtrees not because
they are inherited, but because the whole exclude-tagged subtree is
excluded.

I guessed that but there is a difference in modelled vs. observable behaviour.

We may support filetags for excluding, but it seems simple enough to
exclude the entire file instead IMHO.

Well, probably.

I eventually figured that

(let ((org-agenda-files (remove-if (lambda (a) (string-match "extern" a)) org-agenda-files)))
  (org-agenda-files)
  )

is going to get me roughly where I want, but since I rely a lot on tags it's not going to scale nicely.

So in case it comes up elsewhere please consider this.

Thank you,

Simon