Re: [O] bug#14379: Several Org source files cannot be loaded in isolatio

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] bug#14379: Several Org source files cannot be loaded in isolation
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 18:20:03 +0200

Glenn Morris writes:
> Package: org-mode
>
> (This report refers to the version of Org in the Emacs trunk.)
> Several Org files cannot be loaded in isolation, by which I mean that eg
>
> emacs -batch -l ob-C
>
> fails. This may have no practical consequences, but seems like bad form
> (eg it causes problems for automated testing).
[…]

> For all but the last, the problem is:
>
>   Symbol's value as variable is void: org-babel-tangle-lang-exts

The reason was that Emacs would barf on circular requires. This has
meanwhile been fixed in Org 8 by re-organizing the file inclusion
structure for Org Babel.

> For org-ctags, the problem is:
>
>   Symbol's function definition is void: case
>
> (because the `case' macro from cl is used in the default value of a
> defcustom, which is not evaluated till load time.). This one is probably
> a real bug.

Reimplementation with pcase should fix that unless this is then resolved
at compile-time?

(defcustom org-ctags-path-to-ctags
  (pcase system-type
    (`windows-nt "ctags.exe")
    (`darwin "ctags-exuberant")
    (_ "ctags-exuberant"))
  "Full path to the ctags executable file."
  :group 'org-ctags
  :version "24.1"
  :type 'file)

Achim.