[O] bug#14379: Several Org source files cannot be loaded in isolation

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: [O] bug#14379: Several Org source files cannot be loaded in isolation
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 14:24:01 -0400

(Please keep the debbugs address included. It is basically an alias for
the org-mode list in this instance.)

Achim Gratz wrote:

> Reimplementation with pcase should fix that unless this is then resolved
> at compile-time?

pcase probably doesn't exist in all the ancient Emacs versions that you
want to support? In any case, it will case cause needless loading of
pcase at run-time. I'd use good old `cond' if I were you.
Actually, `if' will suffice in this case.
Actually actually, why not
  (if (executable-find "ctags-exuberant") "ctags-exuberant" "ctags")
?