Re: [O] [mobileorg-android] Re: Agenda in MobileOrg for Android

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] [mobileorg-android] Re: Agenda in MobileOrg for Android
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 15:28:07 +0200

Dnia 2013-05-13, o godz. 11:00:49
James Harkins <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

> > OK, so I'm reviving this old thread.
> >
> > I tried to set up MobileOrg again and failed completely - again.
> > Sorry for my post being a bit harsh, but I'm really frustrated with
> > this situation, especially that I hear people claiming it works for
> > them...
>
> For the sake of completion, and so that MobileOrg doesn't get too bad
> a rap, discussion of the MobileOrg/Android config issue continued on
> the MobileOrg/Android mailing list.

Thanks for resending it here, James - I certainly do not want to give
the impression that MobileOrg is a crap - as you write below, most
probably (as I expected) the problem lies at my side.

> One main point:
>
> Any versions of MobileOrg (for android) with the new interface (I
> think 0.9.5+, but I don't remember the exact version number) depend on
> some new code in org-mode itself to handle pulling. Marcin was using
> an older org version, which doesn't include the new stuff. This is
> almost certainly the cause of the pull failures reported here.
>
> I think it's only within the last 4-6 weeks that some org-mobile-pull
> bugs were fixed in org, so in general, the newer the org version, the
> better. For myself, with those bug fixes, pulling from mobile is "just
> working."
>
> I'll leave off any discussion of the interface issues, except to note
> that the MobileOrg/Android developers are more than willing to listen
> to user experiences. (I'm not one of those developers, just a
> generally satisfied user.)

To confirm this, I have to admit (sadly) that despite the fact that I
acted like a complete jerk with my frustration-filled email, I got a
lengthy and detailed response from one of these devs there.  (And now
I'm working to rebuild my reputation there to level 0...)

> hjh

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski