Re: [O] Auto-unfold subtrees with matches in query-replace (et al.?)

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Auto-unfold subtrees with matches in query-replace (et al.?)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 10:34:57 +0200

Hi Michael,

Michael Bach <address@hidden> writes:

> When I do a M-% (query-replace) in an org-mode buffer where the relevant
> trees are folded, subtrees with matches are not unfolded.  I am looking for
> a similar behavior as is observed when doing a simple C-s
> (search-forward).

This is a general problem for any mode that allows invisible text,
and there is no generic solution.  "Revealing" invisible text is the
responsability of the major mode, and can be achieved for C-s thanks
to 'isearch-mode-end-hook (see line 5395 in org.el).  But AFAIK there
is no similar hook when query-replacing.  Would be a nice feature
to have -- don't hesitate to report it with M-x report-emacs-bug RET

Best,

--
 Bastien