Re: [O] BIND and LaTeX export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] BIND and LaTeX export
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 19:52:24 +0200

Hello,

Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/5/13 Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden>

>> Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> I'm surprised it even worked. BIND keywords only affect the export
>> process, i.e. Org to LaTeX translation in this case. File compilation to
>> PDF is a post-processing thing, these keywords don't survive that long.
>>

> I may have been fooled by my emacs config.
> But anyway, given the name org-latex-*,
> I thought that it could make sense that this variable survive
> till the end of the compilation :-)

I understand the problem, but given the separation between the export
framework and its back-ends, it's difficult to do so.

Indeed, variables are bound in the temporary buffer copy created for the
translation but back-ends commands are only given a string (or a buffer
or a file name) containing the output. At this time, the copy isn't
alive anymore.

IOW, there are a few variables that cannot be set using BIND keywords.
On the other hand, they still can be set with file local variables.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou