Re: [O] How to set C-o back to open-line?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] How to set C-o back to open-line?
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 01:10:12 +0200

Hello Christopher,

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 05:38:11PM -0500, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
> I really hate org-open-line... I can see why people might want it, but
> it's messed up my workflow.  I'd like to set C-o back.
>
> However, I have no idea what org-defkey is doing, but I expected this to
> work:
>
>   (define-key org-mode-map (kbd "C-o") 'open-line)
>
> it isn't working!
>
> How to get the standard-ol-open-line behavior back?

Does using org-defkey instead make it work?

That said, I'm curious what is so different about org-open-line?  The
docstring says the following:

  It is bound to C-o, <insertline>.

  (org-open-line N)

  Insert a new row in tables, call `open-line' elsewhere.

So unless you are in a table, it should be the same as normal.  Is that
broken?  Anyway, I never use open-line myself, but I was curious after I
saw several people mention it on unrelated threads on a few lists.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu