Re: [O] [patch] ox-koma-letter.el: clean-up/semantic bug [4/4]

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [patch] ox-koma-letter.el: clean-up/semantic bug [4/4]
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 01:23:33 +0200

Viktor Rosenfeld <address@hidden> writes:

> Or 5, keep the change from SENDER to AUTHOR but revert the default
> values to `org-koma-letter-*' variables. (Right now the AUTHOR and EMAIL
> lines could be removed because they duplicate the derived latex
> backend.)

I once had a teacher who talked about the optimal degree of
conservatism (as well speaking positively about being in the infamoues
ivory tower).  5. is fine with me.  So I guess the deal is
  1. default value is the same as in ox-latex.
  2. . . . but it's kept in a seperete variable ox-kl variable.

> The default LaTeX exporter does not have LCO files. Sure you can simply
> \input a latex file but there is no dedicated support for this in Org
> mode, is there?

only through #+LATEX: \input{.} I guess (or something similar).

> I think that switching from SENDER to AUTHOR, keeping the
> `org-koma-letter-{author,email}' variables in the KOMA backend, but
> setting them per default to `user-full-name' and `user-mail-address',
> would solve both your problems and let me keep LCO files. I would then
> simply set these `org-koma-letter-*' variables to `nil' and document
> this setup in the docstring. I'll see tomorrow if this is feasable.

Does the attached patch work for you (also with ps tags?)

–Rasmus

--
Dung makes an excellent fertilizer