Re: [O] Status fix for "Regression in fill-paragraph behavior"?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Status fix for "Regression in fill-paragraph behavior"?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 15:58:16 +0200

"Wagemans, Peter" <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>
>> You can wrap your mail citation within a Verse block (or an example
>> block).
>
> That appears to inhibit paragraph filling. The desired and previously
> existing functionality is paragraph filling that preserves the
> paragraph citation prefix.

Then try editing your text in a block like:

  #+BEGIN_SRC message
  #+END_SRC

You can edit the message with C-c ' and benefit from Message mode's
filling mechanism. Org recognizes its own prefixes and cannot cope with
other modes'.

> Also, I often compose complete text mail bodies including citations in
> an org-mode document and then you don't want org-mode block directives
> in the mail text.

I think you want to edit your message in Message mode, not in Org mode,
then.

> Does the above reply mean that the regression hasn't been fixed yet?
> Is it still being worked on?

I wouldn't call it a regression since this behaviour never was defined
as a feature in the first place.

Recognizing citation prefix means recognizing a new type of data in Org
syntax. I don't think it's worth it considering Org is not to replace
Message.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou