[O] Compiling Org-mode from orgmode.org repository for an Emacs 24.3 at

From: *
Subject: [O] Compiling Org-mode from orgmode.org repository for an Emacs 24.3 at a nonstandard location
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 10:27:00 -0500

Dear list...

I've compiled Emacs 24.3 into this computer. During this process, I've
set the following variables:

--with-x=no
--prefix=/home/me/prefix/emacs-24.3
bindir=/home/me/bin

Beyond these customizations, I think everything else is default.
/home/me/bin/ is already in $PATH...

I want to compile and install the Org-mode of orgmode.org's git repository...

After cloning and switching to maint branch, I'm setting the following
variables in local.mk generated by make config:

EMACS   = emacs
prefix  = /home/me/prefix
lispdir= $(prefix)/emacs-24.3/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org
datadir = $(prefix)/emacs-24.3/share/emacs/24.3/etc/org
infodir = $(prefix)/emacs-24.3/share/info

Once these changes to local.mk have been made, I'm planning to install
Org-mode by simply running "make install". In all, the command line
sequence for installing and compiling Org-mode would be like:

git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git
cd org-mode
git checkout maint
make config
emacs local.mk (make above changes...)
make install

My questions are: For my Emacs set-up, are these local.mk settings
good? Does the command line sequence make sense?

Thanks!!!