Re: [O] Bug: Literal Examples are malformed in exports (to html/tex) [8.

From: S S
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Literal Examples are malformed in exports (to html/tex) [8.0.3 (release_8.0.3-165-g60ca9e @ /home/quazimodo/.emacs.d/vendor/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 11:16:50 +1000

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> S S <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've added test.org and test_no_init.org along with their html exports plus
>> my init.el
>> to a gist.
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/quazimodo/9055aca6167df1398c94
>>
>> The init.el is long but you'll see from a fast skim there's nothing unusual
>> there.
>
> Indeed. But I suspect something wrong in your config: your example
> exports correctly here.
After fixing up begin_code to begin_src I see that you are right,
working fine with
7.8.11 and no init.el

>> 7.8.11 is used with emacs -q and that seems to export the example blocks
>> properly,
>> doesn't seem to know what to do with code blocks though.
>
> Constructs like #+begin_code are called "special blocks". They are not
> meant to be used for source code. Use #+begin_src instead.
Correct, it was late and I made a mistake, should have put #+BEGIN_SRC.

>> Do you need more?
>
> What happens if you eval (org-element-at-point) with point on the faulty
> #+begin_example line?
It returns
(special-block
 (:type "EXAMPLE\n" :begin 8 :end 178 :hiddenp nil :contents-begin 69
  :contents-end 157 :post-blank 2 :post-affiliated 48 :attr_html
        (":textarea t :width 40")
        :parent nil))

> Also, what's the value for `org-element-block-name-alist'?

org-element-block-name-alist is
(("CENTER" . org-element-center-block-parser)
 ("COMMENT" . org-element-comment-block-parser)
 ("EXAMPLE" . org-element-example-block-parser)
 ("QUOTE" . org-element-quote-block-parser)
 ("SRC" . org-element-src-block-parser)
 ("VERSE" . org-element-verse-block-parser))

Everything looks fine doesn't it...

> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou
I'll remove 8.0.3 and go back to 7.8.11, to see if my init is causing issues and
update you later today.