Re: [O] de-tangle function?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] de-tangle function?
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 18:01:50 +0200

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M. Krug wrote:
> I remember something about a de-tangle function, which re-imports the
> source code blocks into the org file is previously tangled with comments
> et al, but I can't find that function any more.
>
> Is it still there?

M-x org-babel-detangle

> Does it work reliably?

You need the code blocks to be wrapped into comments for it to work.

Regarding reliability, it does work well on small examples. I remember having
had really bad results with my huge .emacs file, but hadn't any time to debug
the problem -- try to reproduce -- at that time.

So, when you do it, please keep a backup of your original Org file. It's
safer.

But, if there are bugs, they should be clearly identified, and fixed...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban