Re: [O] [html] non-lists showing up as lists

From: Alan L Tyree
Subject: Re: [O] [html] non-lists showing up as lists
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 08:58:14 +1000

On 02/06/13 06:18, Samuel Wales wrote:
In case it helps:

I can say that I never, ever,
no matter what, and there are no exceptions
- make a list like this

I always

   - make a list like this (I happen also to always indent by 2 spaces)

IIRC, org-list-allow-alphabetical is default nil largely to avoid
making a list.  IMO doing so by requiring a blank line (at least
optionally) before lists would allow that variable to be safer.

IMO it is a lot to expect of users if they paste large documents (or
even capture them as part of org-protocol or something), and there are
plenty of filling edge cases, such as illustrated in the recent thread
about filling with > and filladapt, where you'd have to either check
manually every time you fill or actually hack the filling code to
understand list syntax.

Just my opinion, though.

And mine. I always get these damned things when filling a long document.

Alan

Samuel

Tel:  04 2748 6206              sip:address@hidden