[O] Installation of Org 8

From: SabreWolfy
Subject: [O] Installation of Org 8
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 09:25:08 +0000 (UTC)

<rant>
Please can someone point me to instructions to install Org 8? I've
downloaded the tar.gz file and searched and tried several sets of
instructions. The 'build instructions' are no help. Neither are the ELPA
instructions. I'm on Kubuntu 13.04. The default org-mode is 7.9.something.
I've purged that. I've done make and make install all and sudo make install
all. I'm not interested in installing and learning git.

The reason I want to try 8 is that the instructions here:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-R.html

about including output from R in ORG format to make nice HTML tables is not
working. I get a "BEGIN_SRC org" instead of "BEGIN_ORG" or something. I
thought it would be best to trouble-shoot this using the latest Org.
</rant>