Re: [O] [html] non-lists showing up as lists

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] [html] non-lists showing up as lists
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 10:49:15 -0700

Hi Bastien,

On 6/4/13, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I presume Michael means blank line.  I like this.
>
> Mhhh... I don't.

Perhaps can be optional the way alphabetic lists and numbered list types are.

>> I like this also, and have long wanted c-c - on a region to indent the
>> resulting list, but have not figured out how to implement it.
>
> I strongly dislike this.

Which part?  The latter means this:

Mline
line
  line

M and P indicate mark and point, active.

C-c - to make this:

M- line
- line
  - line

So I have to go to mark, mark, go to point, C-c -, manually fix the
list by going to M, ^G to deactivate, then actually control shift
right to indent to where I want.  I need to do this every time because
I never put lists at column 0.

All I was saying is that I'd like C-c - on an active region to produce this:

  - line
  - line
    - line

Of course I am not saying that this should apply to everybody.
Michael and I like to indent by 2, so for us it would make sense to
make C-c - support that for us.

> Instead, consider this:

Instead of what?

> ,----
> |   Indented paragraph.
> |
> | - Item 1
> | - Item 2
> `----
>
> I propose that:
>
> 1. TAB on the dash character of "Item 1" could indent the item by two
>    characters.
>
> 2. Selecting both items in a region then hitting TAB would indent both
>    items by two characters.

I don't indent paragraphs.  1 conflicts with cycling.  2 is a good
idea in general but not an improvement over the above cumbersome
procedure other than getting rid of ^G.

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.