[O] Help, I need to paste raw image from clipboard into emacs/orgmode

From: Klaus-Dieter Bauer
Subject: [O] Help, I need to paste raw image from clipboard into emacs/orgmode
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 19:16:26 +0200

Dear All,
Please Help,
I need to paste raw image from clipboard into emacs/orgmode, I am a microsoft onenote user and I got used to take a lot of snapshots and embed it into my notes, I think if I could know how to embed images directly into emacs/orgmode from clipboard, I will switch to emacs very easily.

I searched the internet but unfortunately I didn't find the answer,
Thanks a lot.
Dodo

Hello!

While the original poster probably long since has implemented one of the previously suggested solutions (or given up) I thought I'd share a more general solution I found [1].

ImageMagick's `convert' can use clipboard: as input file (don't know if it works as output file).

    convert clipboard: FILENAME-WITH-EXTENSION

I tested it with the cygwin and native windows versions and both worked.

king regards, Klaus

PS1: On Windows `convert.exe' might be shadowed by another executable, especially C:\Windows\System32\convert.exe. In that case the PATH variable should be adjusted such that ImageMagick comes before C:\Windows\system32. To check what shadows the executable, you can run "where convert" in the Windows-commandline.
PS2: On Windows only basic image-displaying-support is included out-of-the-box. To get full support, the easiest way is to install the full GnuWin32 tools (which include the necessary image libraries) with the web-installer.

------

[1] User "magick" in http://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7524&p=22859.