Re: [O] org-caldav will continue to work with Google Calendar

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] org-caldav will continue to work with Google Calendar
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 19:57:05 +0100

David Engster <address@hidden> writes:

> David Engster writes:
>> Google has announced today that they will shut down their CalDAV API in
>> September, since hey, everybody's using their own protocol anyway.
>
> Well, Google has suddenly realized that not only is CalDAV an open
> standard, but it's actually used outside the Googleverse. Who could've
> known? Anyway, they will continue to support it [1], so org-caldav
> should work with Google Calendar for the time being (read: until they
> change their mind again).

Thanks for the update!

I've moved over to mobileOrg on Android for my synchronisation for now
but will likely come back to org-caldav sooner rather than later if/when
I upgrade my phone to something like Jolla.  I really do not like Android
(and iOS even less).

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_8.0.3-193-g334581