Re: [O] Automatically adding local variables to tangled file

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Automatically adding local variables to tangled file
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 15:17:40 -0600

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte writes:
>> I've added a :tangle-mode header argument which may be used to control
>> the permissions of tangled files.  See the manual for instructions on
>> it's usage.
>
> The change in org-babel-read now requires that :shebang values are
> quoted.

Oh, I should have realized that shebang values weren't normally quoted.
I've reverted this portion of my tangle-mode patch, so the reader no
longer tries to read #-prefixed strings a elisp.  Hopefully this won't
affect too many people.

> I've changed the test file accordingly as otherwise the file couldn't
> be ingested.  In general I'd suggest that reading header arguments as
> eLisp should at be protected against an error propagating out of the
> reader function.

I think in most cases it would be better to know if an error has
occurred than not, and I think any sort of message output would quickly
be overwritten by the remainder of the code block execution.

Thanks for catching this quickly!

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte