Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 22:32:36 +0200

Hi Eric

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
> Export buffers are sometimes modified or narrowed during the export
> process, so I wouldn't depend too much on the absolute values of markers
> generated during export.  As long as the heading in which the marker
> lives seems to be correct I'd count it as a success.

Ok.

Out of curiosity I also tried to assign a Lisp marker with :var

#+HEADER: :var marker-var=(identity org-babel-current-src-block-location)

which leads to

executing Emacs-Lisp code block (func)...
(marker-var (quote #<marker at 458 in marker_offset.org>))
eval: Invalid read syntax: "#"

Is such a Lisp marker supposed to work across a :var assignment? For
me it does not matter because either the variable
org-babel-current-src-block-location is better evaluated within the
source block or in the header I do not expect the value to be of much
use for source blocks other than Lisp. I just let you know in case you
wanted the assignment to work with other #-constructs or there was a
connection with the recent changes that temporarily required :shebang
quoting.

Michael