Re: [O] bug in new exporter

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] bug in new exporter
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 13:09:35 -0400

> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Just a heads-up: As part of testing this, I stumbled on an unrelated
>>> current-working-directory problem, where on exporting to pdf, the
>>> pdflatex of the produced tex file fails to find an image file specified
>>> with a relative pathname (it works fine with an absolute path name). The
>>> tex file looks OK and I can process it from the command line. I'll try
>>> to pin this down more precisely, but do I understand correctly that the
>>> processing of the tex file should take place with the current working
>>> directory set to the directory of the org file?
>>>

>> The problem was that I had customized my org-latex-pdf-process to the
>> texi2dvi recommended value:
>>
>>          texi2dvi -p -b -c -V %f
>>
>> The -c (equivalently: --clean or --build=clean) breaks relative paths
>> because texi2dvi executes in a different directory. The *Org PDF LaTeX
>> Output* buffer shows
>>
>>   /usr/bin/texi2dvi: cd /home/nick/src/org/latex/foo.t2d/pdf/build
>>
>> whereas the org file was in /home/nick/src/org/latex.
>>
>> If you use texi2dvi, beware of -c (and also --tidy I presume).
>>
>> So nothing to do with org, but maybe the customization option should not
>> include the -c.
>
> I also use texi2dvi, but I don't have any compilation problem with
> images, even with a relative path.
>
> Would you mind providing an ECM for that?

Please find an org file and the corresponding tex file attached. The
directory structure is as follows:

~/src/org--images--foo.png

         |--latex--example.{org,tex}

                 |--example.t2d/pdf/build

Just executing

     texi2dvi -p -b -c -V example.tex

from the command line produces the error:

,----
| /usr/bin/texi2dvi: cd /home/nick/src/org/latex/example.t2d/pdf/build
| LaTeX Warning: File `../images/foo.png' not found on input line 37.
|

| /home/nick/src/org/latex/./example.tex:37: Package pdftex.def Error: File
|  `../images/foo.png' not found.
|
| See the pdftex.def package documentation for explanation.
| Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
|
| l.37 ...ludegraphics[scale=1.5]{../images/foo.png}
`----

Note the top line in the excerpt above. Taking out the -c gets rid of
the error (at the price of leaving all the toc/aux/log/etc files around
of course). --tidy exhibits the same symptom.

Org-mode version 8.0.3 (release_8.0.3-197-g221768 @
/home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

Nick