[O] Classification of Org mode elements

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [O] Classification of Org mode elements
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 12:50:07 -1000

Aloha all,

The attached Org mode document contains some notes on the classification
of Org mode elements that might be a useful addition to Nicolas
Goaziou's draft Org syntax document
(http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.org).

It distinguishes nine classes of element and proposes names for them.

I'm hoping for some comments.  The classification stuff makes sense to
me, given my anthropology and archaeology background, but I'm not
certain if it will be sensible to the Org mode community, which is
mostly programmers.

All the best,
Tom

Thomas S. Dye