Re: [O] Classification of Org mode elements

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Classification of Org mode elements
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 08:34:58 +0200

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

Hi Thomas,

> The attached Org mode document contains some notes on the classification
> of Org mode elements that might be a useful addition to Nicolas
> Goaziou's draft Org syntax document
> (http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.org).
>
> It distinguishes nine classes of element and proposes names for them.

I really like the idea to make Nicolas decisions when modelling Org
syntax more explicit and write them down as a quick reference overview.

I compressed your table a bit to make it fit on a screen/page, and added
a subtree for each element to the file that could contain a short
(man-page like) descripton of syntax and semantics of that element (see
my attempts for 'Property drawer' as an example). This should not
compete with the manual or the cheat sheet, but rather serve as a
minimal overview of the Org 8+ syntax elements.

Right now I don't have the time to fill the other subtrees, but I might
add to this the next days, maybe others can add to it too and then this
file can be uploaded to Worg?

cheers,
Thorsten