Re: [O] Bug in export orgtbl / LaTeX

From: AW
Subject: Re: [O] Bug in export orgtbl / LaTeX
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:34:34 +0200

Am Freitag, 14. Juni 2013, 18:58:06 schrieb Nicolas Nicolas Goaziou:
> Hello,

> `orgtbl-to-latex' doesn't use export framework at all, unlike to
> `orgtbl-to-html'. One solution would be to change that:
>
>   (defun orgtbl-to-latex (table params)
>     "Convert the orgtbl-mode TABLE to LaTeX.
>   TABLE is a list, each entry either the symbol `hline' for
>   a horizontal separator line, or a list of fields for that line.
>   PARAMS is ignored."
>     (require 'ox-latex)
>     (org-export-string-as
>      (orgtbl-to-orgtbl table nil) 'latex t '(:with-tables t)))
>
> However, we lose all PARAMS configuration (:splice t in particular).
>
> Note that, according to Org syntax, "1." doesn't start a list, since
> tables cannot contain lists.
>

> Regards,

Dear Nicolas,

isn't that quite a contradiction: according to org-syntax tables can not
contain lists, but orgtbl-to-latex treats "1." inside a table as if it were a
beginning of a list?

Besides that, thank you for your code, but as my MEW showed, I use things like
:splice t . In fact, I do splice nearly every orgtbl into a frame on the
LaTeX-side.

I have no idea, what to do, only thing I can say is that I use org-tables to
draft contracts including paing by instalments, e.g. in dependence to progress
of contstruction works. So things like "1. Instalment" happen.

Kind regards,

Alexander