Re: [O] [ANN] Edit emails in Org-mode

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Edit emails in Org-mode
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:01:43 +0200

"Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden>
writes:

Hello,

its a nice idea to be able to replace the source-blocks by their results when
composing messages (if I understood your feature request right). Opens a lot
of possiblilities for (semi-)automatic email creation.

Here is the doc-string:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun outorg-replace-source-blocks-with-results
  (&optional arg &rest languages)
  "Replace source-blocks with their results.

Only source-blocks with ':export results' in their header
arguments will be mapped.

If LANGUAGES is non-nil, only those source-blocks with a
language found in the list are mapped.

If LANGUAGES is nil but a prefix-argument ARG is given, only the
languages read from the mini-buffer (separated by blanks) are mapped.

Otherwise, all languages found in `org-babel-load-languages' are mapped." ...)
#+end_src

it basically says:

- only blocks with ':export results' will be mapped

- blocks for all languages found in `org-babel-load-languages' will be mapped,
  except the function ist called (from a program) with a list of language
  names (as strings) or the user calls the command with prefix arg (e.g. C-u)
  and enters language names (like this: R emacs-lisp sh org).

let me know if the function does what you wanted.

Do we need a keybinding for that, or should it rather be a bit oscure (only
accessible by M-x) to avoid confusing accidents?

--
cheers,
Thorsten