Re: [O] Add figure/table numbers to HTML captions

From: Yoshinari Nomura
Subject: Re: [O] Add figure/table numbers to HTML captions
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 08:37:29 +0900 (JST)

Hi Rasmus,

Thanks your good suggestion.

> I'm not an expert on html, but how easy it is to enable/disable/alter
> your solution locally compared to a html5/css solution?  E.g. as here:
>

> http://tympanus.net/codrops/2013/05/02/automatic-figure-numbering-with-css-counters/
>
> Note, I don't know if this can be used for tables, or only figures,
> but being able to change the style in css seems nice.

I'm also not an expert on HTML, but I think we can add some HTML
annotations such as id, class... That will help the HTML5 staffs to
manipulate the ordinal-number part in captions.

Besides the HTML matter, I might have to add some control variables to
on/off the numbering feature.

As for the ``automatic numbering with css'' concept, it might be
difficult to work with ox-html. Because ox-html has to control all the
ordinal numbers by itself to use the numbers in the anchor texts
conforming with the numbers in captions. Also, TOC scheme might be suffered.

>        http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html
>
> You could use git format-patch and make sure that the commit message
> is a change-log entry as described on Worg (C-x 4 a on your change in
> the diff file should bring up the correct changelog mode).

Thanks a lot! I've forgot the word RTFM :)
--
Yoshinari Nomura
https://github.com/yoshinari-nomura