Re: [O] Relation between todo-mode.el and Org-mode?

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: [O] Relation between todo-mode.el and Org-mode?
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:37:46 +0200

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 17:32:17 +0200 Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> Just one question: do you get feedback from todo-mode.el users?
> Do you know if there are some/many out there?  Just curious to
> see other's people use.

Since I became the maintainer more than four years ago there haven't
been any bug reports or feature requests, and there were few prior to
that.  The ones there were, years before, were what got me interested in
Todo mode in the first place.  I don't know of any users of the old
version.  I think it had a nice UI but limited functionality, so I'd
guess most people who want to manage todo lists in Emacs already use Org
mode.  I guess I'm an exception, because I had already started adding
functionality to Todo mode before Org mode existed and that kept me
sticking with it.

Steve Berman