Re: [O] Process diagrams with dot and some glue using Org-mode

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] Process diagrams with dot and some glue using Org-mode
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:34:48 -0400

On 2013-06-28 05:20, Karl Voit wrote:
* Rick Frankel <address@hidden> wrote:

And here's a simplier version which uses a graph table in the
following format:
[...]

I tried to use your solution with the "#+call:" method.

Unfortunately, it fails and due to my limited ELISP knowledge, I can
not debug this issue. I've got the feeling that you might be able to
spot my error right away.

#+call: graph-from-table(nodes=example-node-table,graph=example-graph)

-> this results in "format: Wrong type argument: listp, hline"

This is because of what seems to be a bug in babel -- :colnames
options are not being respected in/for call lines. You always get the
above error when trying to process a table in elisp and the header is
not removed.

The solution is to specify the range on the call:

#+call: graph-from-table(nodes=example-node-table[2:-1],graph=example-graph[2:-1])

> Note: I got the following additional parameters "in my pipeline" (want
to make them work) as well:

:exports results :resname example-result :file ~/tmp/2del/example-simple.png

You will also need to specify results :file; and the filename as a
parameter to the called block not the call. `Call's always export the
results i believe (you can add :exports results to the orginal source block).

#+call: graph-from-file[:file out.png](...) :results file

I don't think there is a :resname option. There was a #+RESNAME:
keyword, but it has been replaced w/ #+NAME:, which is currently not
functional for call lines (but is a hot topic in another thread on the
list.)

rick