Re: [O] Writing microsecond time unit

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Writing microsecond time unit
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 03:07:27 -0400

Xavier Garrido <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Orgers,
>
> I would like to do something very simple such as writing microsecond
> unit but I fail. I try different way (\mu\nbsp s, $\mu$s, \mu s) but
> always get a whitespace between the µ symbol and the second
> symbol. The only working version is $\mu\text{s}$ which gives me a
> pure LaTeX code which is find for LaTeX to pdf export but is quite
> annoying when I export to html. Is there a simple way to use the
> symbol µ glued to a 's' ?

How about

\(\mu s\)

? Should work for both latex and html.

Actually,

\(\mu\text{s}\)

should also work (producing an upright s, rather than the slanted s that
the first example produces - personally I like the first one better).

Not sure if the $ signs are causing problems: imo, it's a better idea
to use the standard latex delimiters

   \( ... \) for inline math
   \[ ... \] for display math

always.

The html output makes use of MathJax but that should be no problem: by
default, the output references the MathJax installation on orgmode.org.
You might want to install on a local web server if you are going to make
heavy use of it.

See

        (info "(org) Math formatting in HTML export")

for more details.
--
Nick