[O] reftex label generation and referencing

From: Jan-Mark Batke
Subject: [O] reftex label generation and referencing
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 16:16:56 +0000

Hi all.

I turned on reftex-mode in ord-mode and did some experiments with the
automated reftex label generation which I like a lot.

1. A reference is generated for Fig.~\ref{fig:1} nicely using reftex
   using C-c ) as shown in this text.
   #+BEGIN_LaTeX
   \begin{figure}[h]
      \centering
      \includegraphics{test}
      \label{fig:1}
      \caption{text}
    \end{figure}
   #+END_LaTeX
   However, reftex complains when using the automated label insertion
   as started by auctex when I use the latex editing buffer started
   with C-c', e.g.

   : reftex-access-scan-info: RefTeX works only in buffers visiting a file

   so I inserted the label afterwards in the org-buffer.
   Is it possible to avoid that problem?

2. How do I actually address Figure~\ref{fig:name} (this is the latex
   way) using org-mode means (to be more generic)?

   #+name: fig:name
   #+caption: Figure
  [[  ./figure.png]]

3. Is there a difference between #+name: and #+label: to label a
   figure?

Best

Jan-Mark

--