Re: [O] [Exporter] How to save 'info' plist for later use?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] [Exporter] How to save 'info' plist for later use?
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 18:57:31 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

>>> edebug-defun org-element-parse-buffer, do whatever is necessary for it
>>>to get called, and when it stops, evaluate it with ``e'' or switch to
>>>*scratch* and save it in your own variable:
>>>
>>> (setq thorsten-info info)
>>
>> Thats a nice trick, but I'm afraid that the 'info' plist is not created
>> during the parsing but rather during the export. When I want something
>> similar after just parsing, I might have to create it myself.
>>
>> PS
>> and how would you use this trick in a program?
>
> If you look in the `org-export-as' function, you can see the part where
> the info plist is built, looks like most of it is done by
> org-export--get-buffer-attributes.

Thanks for the tip, sometimes its obvious that some functionality is
already implemented, but not so obvious whats the name attached to it.

Looking in the source-code is of course the best way to find out, but I
thought I would have access to all function-names anyway with

| C-h f org-export- TAB

until I figured out that defining some autoloads and actually loading
the whole library are two different things, and that I will find all
functions that way only after doing an explicit 'M-x load-library' or
after actually using it ... ;)

--
cheers,
Thorsten