[O] copy entire column of one table into another

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: [O] copy entire column of one table into another
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 23:03:37 +0200

Hi again,

I was wondering, is there a way to copy the entire column of one table into another possibly adding rows to the target table to make it fit?

I know I can use $1=remote(original, @@#$6) to copy row 6 into row 1 (albeit I did not yet fully understand the @@# part)
However, I would to take care that the target table has the same amount of rows as the host table.
I work with many tables at the moment and frighten I might overlook a row soon or later.
Thus, I would prefer a way to say... copy column of table X into table Y. If table Y has to less rows, add blanks rows until all rows of table X are copied.

Any chance to get this working?

Thanks for help and ideas

Torsten