Re: [O] [bug?] Copy content from one to another table changes the conten

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [bug?] Copy content from one to another table changes the content
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 23:29:45 -0400

Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> writes:

> I just notice a strange behaviour within tables. I want to copy a
> column of one table into another... using $1=remote(prf94120_orig,
> @@#$6). The original content consist of names in the form
> "lastname,firstnames". However, executing the above formular I receive
> "lastname + firstnames i"
>
> I have totally no clue what is the reason for that.... a bug?!
> Happens within Org-mode version 8.0.3

I tried it (on a single table too - no remote) and I get the same
behavior. I can't pretend to understand how anything in org-table.el
works, but I think this is a clue: on line 2678,
org-table-make-reference is called. If I call it by hand like this

  (org-table-make-reference "a, b" nil nil nil) --> "(a, b)"

Then on line 2706, calc-eval is called. If I call it by hand on the
value above

  (calc-eval "(a, b)") --> "a + b i"

I think it's trying to do arithmetic on complex numbers...
--
Nick