Re: [O] Export to LaTeX and Beamer

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Export to LaTeX and Beamer
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:40:34 +0200

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:15:16AM +0200, Julien Cubizolles wrote:
> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> that has been posted to gmane.emacs.orgmode as well.
>
> Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:
>

> > There is none, but you can use filters to achieve this.  Take a look
> > here:
> > <https://github.com/suvayu/.emacs.d/blob/master/org-mode-config.el#L258>
> > Do note, as the comment says, I have not tested it extensively.
>
> I tried it (evaled the following)
>
> (defun jc-ignore-headline (contents backend info)
>   "Ignore headlines with tag `ignoreheading'."
>   (if (eq backend 'latex) (message contents)
>     contents))
>
> (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-headline-functions 'jc-ignore-headline)
>
> and then added the ignoreheading tag (there was already another tag)
> to a headline but the headline is still exported. Is there another
> variable to configure to ensure that the filter function is indeed runĀ ?

Now that I look at the code carefully, I realise the function is dummy.
I never got the time to implement it, hence the FIXME!  I just wrote the
filter so that I do not forget how.  What you need to do is instead of
returning contents, look for the tag, if present return the contents
without the headline, the unaltered contents otherwise.  Should be
simple to do.  If I can find the time, I'll take a crack at it today.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu