Re: [O] org-tree-slide annoyance

From: henry atts
Subject: Re: [O] org-tree-slide annoyance
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:33:56 +0200

> On 15.7.2013, at 10:33, henry atts <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I use org-tree-slide-mode by default with
>>
>>  (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'org-tree-slide-mode)
>>
>> This works kind of acceptable minus some minor annoyances. But one thing
>> makes it nearly unusuable. tree-slide rigidly expects at least one
>> header. So if I open an org file without heading, or if I create a new
>> one, I get an error message:
>>
>> File mode specification error: (error "before first heading")
>>
>> If I include a setup file with `#+SETUPFILE:', which of course has no
>> headings in it,  org-tree-slide stops working at all.
>

> Hi Henry,
>
> you could wrap turning on of the mode into a function
> that checks if there is a node, and if not, just add one.
>
> - Carsten

Okay, but on the one hand this doesn't solve the problem with
`SETUPFILE'. On the other hand what if I want an org file without any
heading on purpose? Or otherwise asked is a file a `real' org file only
if it has headings in it?

You might say if you want some features of orgmode _and_ an org file
without heading you can always use, say, text-mode and load orgstruct as
a minor mode. Which does not solve the problem as well because with the
org-tree-mode hook for orgmode it shows some strange behaviour equally.

I like org-tree-mode but I think it does not play well with orgmode in
some cases. And as far as I see it even is not in contrib.

henry

--
web: http://literaturlatenight.de
jabberID: address@hidden