Re: [O] [bug?] org-latex-table-caption-above has no effect

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] [bug?] org-latex-table-caption-above has no effect
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:49:04 -0400

At Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:44:04 +0200,
Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > According to [1], the customization variable
> > org-latex-table-caption-above was added to allow table captions to
> > come underneath the table. I can't see any indication that the
> > variable has been deprecated, but in my environment, it has no effect
> > at all.
> >
> This variable, as its name suggests, only applies to tables. You're
> captioning a special block (begin_table) here. Therefore it is ignored.

Okay, I can understand that. (Actually, I kind of guessed this sometime after
getting up from the computer).

It took a minute to play with it, and another visit to the org manual, but this
seems to do what I wanted. Posting for the benefit of future archive searches.
(The "multicolumn" is necessary for this article, where the conference
specifies a two-column format. Maybe optional in other settings.)

#+CAPTION: A table
#+NAME: table1
#+ATTR_LaTeX: :float multicolumn
| Row 1 | Something      |