Re: [O] Wrong Type Error When Publishing Project

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Wrong Type Error When Publishing Project
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 02:21:33 -0400

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Brian Callies <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm sure I must be doing something obviously wrong, but I've had no
>> success at publishing a project I've just created. I've been working
>> on this error for some time, incidentally fixing other mistakes, but
>> I'm unable to get it working.  I get the same error on Arch Linux, as
>> I do on Win8. I'm using Org-mode 8.0.5.
>>
>> I get the following error: Wrong type argument: stringp
>>
>> My project config is below. Images-w and css-w export fine on their
>> own, but alpharednotes-w and AlphaRedWin both fail with the error
>> above.
>>
>> (setq org-publish-project-alist
>>       '(
>>     ("alpharednotes-w"
>>      :base-directory "C:/Users/bcallies/Dropbox/RPG/Alpha Red/org"
>>      :base-extension "org"
>>      :publishing-directory "C:/Users/bcallies/Dropbox/RPG/Alpha
>> Red/org/html/"
>> ;     :recursive t
>>      :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
>
> This was valid for org 7.x, but for org 8.x you have to say
>
>       :publishing-function org-html-publish-to-html

BTW, you should check your installation: presumably you are not getting
on error when calling org-publish-org-to-html, which means that it is
somehow defined - but it should not be if you are running 8.x. You might
be getting the orgmode bundled with emacs: if that's true, that's a
state of affairs that is bound to be confusing.

--
Nick