Re: [O] How to pass named table reference in source block variable

From: Roland Donat
Subject: Re: [O] How to pass named table reference in source block variable
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 20:06:43 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas S. Dye <tsd <at> tsdye.com> writes:

> Perhaps this can help:
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/lob-table-
operations.html

> Alternatively, you might pass the table to a code block of a language
> that understands tables, such as an R data frame, and use that language
> to retrieve values by name.
>
> hth,
> Tom

Thank you for the link, I'll check it but seems that it won't solve the
problem. But anyway, I found a workaround that doesn't involve to insert
table reference.

It's a pity that I am so bad at Lisp because I feel this feature wouldn't be
too complicated to code, especially if the reference mechanism is already
implemented.

Thank you again!

Cheers,

Roland.