[O] Org-protocol/org-capture and new emacsclient frames

From: Josiah Schwab
Subject: [O] Org-protocol/org-capture and new emacsclient frames
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:33:15 -0700

Hi All,

I am in the process of setting up org-protocol to allow me to capture
links from chromium into my TODOs.

After reading this worg article
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.html
I have the chrome -> org portion working.

When I click my bookmark, which is

javascript:location.href='org-protocol://capture://W/'+encodeURIComponent(location.href)+'/'+encodeURIComponent(document.title)+'/'+encodeURIComponent(window.getSelection())
the org-protocol link is handled correctly, spawning the command
  /usr/bin/emacsclient -c -n
"org-protocol://capture://W/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F/Google/"
and that interacts with my capture template
  ("W" "Web TODO" entry (file org-default-notes-file) "* TODO %?\n%U\n%a\n")
to open up a capture buffer that looks like what I want.

All is good except for two undesired behaviors:
  1) I get a new emacs frame which is split, with the capture buffer
  only occupying one half.
  2) When I finish capture with C-c C-c the frame sticks around.

I suppose this is more of an emacs question (org has done its thing),
but a similar question has been discussed on this list before:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/33650

Because that discussion was not making use of org-protocol, I was not
able to generalize its conclusions to my circumstance.

Suggestions or pointers to other resources would be welcome.

Best,
Josiah