Re: [O] Radio targets in comment lines

From: Steen Hoyer
Subject: Re: [O] Radio targets in comment lines
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:16:48 -0500

Thank you Nicolas! I will think about a patch for the FAQ. I don't quite
understand one of your comments:

> There is no point in making radio targets invisible.

I think that invisible radio targets are precisely what I want - that's why I
made so many of them in comments under the old system. Am I missing something?
I've tried putting the radio targets in a :LOGBOOK:, which works fine in Emacs,
but not after export. Perhaps I should use some other type of non-exported
drawer?

For what it is worth, I am trying to able to paste text from academic papers
(with multiple possible citation styles) and have links to notes elsewhere in
the file appear automatically.

* Author Year
<<<Author et al., Year>>>
<<<Author et al. (Year)>>>

I am not using the radio targets in a sentence and therefore I don't want them
to be visible. I could use <<Author et al., Year>> to make an invisible target
(or use a custom ID), but then to link I would need [[Author et al., Year]],
instead of simply Author et al., Year. Does this make sense, is there some
workaround I'm missing, or should I give up on this clumsy system?

Best,
  Steen