Re: [O] don't show author and date on odt export?

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] don't show author and date on odt export?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 15:49:35 +0530

Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to figure out how best to tell org not to display my name
>> and the date at the top of the page when it exports document.
>> Currently, it seems I can do htis by setting

>> However, this also removes the relevant info from the file metadata.
>> I would prefer to somehow change the export template so that these
>> lines aren't produced.  Anyone know if that's possible? Would I have
>> to modify ox-odt.el directly -- and is that hard to do?  It looks like
>> the relevant lines in that file are around 1488-1541.  I'm a little
>> loathe to modify the code directly though, as I like to just git pull
>> from the master branch...
>
> I realize I also don't quite understand how to preformat the header
> and footer of each page.  I feel like this should be possible, as at
> least some footer info is generated by default (page number in centre
> of footer).  But despite some inspection of both ox-odt.el and the
> styles.xml and content.xml of my exported document, I can't figure out
> how the content of the footer is determined.

With a page style applied, click on the footer, insert a pagenumber
field and save the document.  The resulting changes will be stored in
the styles.xml under

Do you see text:page-number down below?

  <office:master-styles>
        <text:p text:style-name="MP1"><text:page-number
text:select-page="current">
        </text:page-number></text:p>

  </office:master-styles>

Use ODT_STYLES_FILE and the newly created ott file to pick up new
header/footer configuration.