[O] [patch] Remove dependency on latexsym (was: [patch][org-entities] Mo

From: Rasmus
Subject: [O] [patch] Remove dependency on latexsym (was: [patch][org-entities] More symbols)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 18:19:29 +0200

Hi,

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
> As a rule of thumb, I think we should avoid requiring new packages for
> org-entities.

It's easy to remove the decency of latexsym as it only defines a very
limited number of symbols (see texdoc latexsym).  Using amssymb
symbols will even look better IMO, but check this document:

#+BEGIN_SRC Org
#+latex:\Huge
  - [ ] x
  - [-] x
  - [X] x
#+begin_latex
  \begin{itemize}
  \item $\square$ x
  \item $\boxminus$ x
  \item $\boxtimes$ x
  \end{itemize}
#+end_latex
#+END_SRC

Obviously, it requires the removal of Diamond (my entity patch) and
Box (this patch)

–Rasmus

If you can mix business and politics wonderful things can happen!