Re: [O] [patch][org-entities] More symbols

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [patch][org-entities] More symbols
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 13:30:24 +0200

Jambunathan,

> You can do a,
>
>     C-x b *scarath*
>     C-x C-m C-\ TeX
>     C-h C-\ RET
>
> and pull all the entities that you ever want in a single go (rather than
> including them piecemeal-by-piecemeal.)

Indeed, I use this in message buffers.  If using unicode-math (a GREAT
latex package) one should even be able to use TeX input style in an
Org buffer.  However, cdlatex + entities is much quicker (on my system
"¨ b" (I've changed default keys) for β versus "\beta").

> With some scripting, this pulling can be made less laborious but more
> complete.

Would you be able to get the HTML entities?  Nicolas said that Org
"prefers" entity names due to encoding.  I can find the unicode number
in Emacs, but not it's name.  This is often the laborious part.

> This is just a note.  Nothing beyond that.

Thanks.

–Rasmus

--
You people at the NSA are becoming my new best friends!