Re: [O] bug#14605: Problem with export an .org file t o .pdf does not op

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] bug#14605: Problem with export an .org file t o .pdf does not open pdf file
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 09:12:18 +0000 (UTC)

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Do you know how I would test this?

Something like this:

$ xdg-settings get default-web-browser
xdg-settings: unknown desktop environment

There ought to be some better way maybe, but you'd at least find out if the
XDG utilities are in path and think the environment is set up correctly.
Please not that XDG cautions against using its services for root, so that'd
be another vector to check.

> Since we are close to a release, maybe I should revert
> the commit for now and solve this with more time.

Or you could leave it in and see who complains.  The instances where
xdg-open doesn't work or is not correctly configured will probably be in
multi-user / corporate environments where it is unlikely that the newest Org
or Emacs is installed anyway.

Regards,
Achim.