[O] bug#14605: bug#14605: Problem with export an .org file to .pdf does

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [O] bug#14605: bug#14605: Problem with export an .org file to .pdf does not open pdf file
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 15:10:59 +0530

>>    (defconst org-file-apps-defaults-gnu
       ^^^^^^^^

That's a real issue.  As for what defaults to use, their availability
and installability that is a secondary issue altogether.

If I were you, I will plug in xdg-open there, issue user-error and force
the user to remedy the situation.  You will hear if things don't work.

Anyways what ever is done, we will be doing no worse (but only better
than) the current defaults.