Re: [O] asynchronous code evaluation

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] asynchronous code evaluation
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 10:00:40 +0200

On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 07:27:01AM +0200, Johannes Rainer wrote:
> hi all!
>
> I have some pretty calculation intense R code in a code block and when I
> execute the code (C-c C-c) my emacs freezes and waits for the code to
> finish. Is there a way to evaluate the code asynchronously, so that I could
> edit the file (obviously not the code block itself) while the code is being
> evaluated?

Not sure that is a possibility yet.  For the moment you could try
asynchronous export as a workaround.

That said, I am curious why you are knowingly tying a computationally
intensive (possibly buggy, during development i.e.) process with your
editor.  I have to work on some fairly computationally intensive
analysis with Python.  I always keep them in separate modules and
scripts run from the shell.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu